Wednesday, March 31, 2010

THE TIME THE MOON SNEAKED INTO MY BED ROOM

THE TIME THE MOON SNEAKED INTO MY BED ROOM

For no apparent reason I woke up from the deep slumber I was in.

With the summer creeping in and nights becoming warmer...the AC still not required and switched off, with just the fans enough, I had left the door to the balcony open to let the night breeze in and the screen door closed to keep the swarm of the mosquitoes out.

Slowly as I moved from the dream world to the real I could feel a change in the environment of the room: dark earlier when I had switched off the lights was now suffused with a strange glow bringing in relief the clutter invisible earlier. There was a shaft of bright light angling in through the door and focussing on my bed.

Intrigued about the strange phenomenon, the street lights three floors down below had been on blink for the last so many days, curious and to investigate the cause, I stepped down from the bed, opened the screen door, and walked to the balcony. And there it was...the full moon, large as it can be when full and so bright that it hurt my still sleepy eyes.

To me it appeared as if the Moon had move across the night sky and positioned itself bang in the centre of the small gap, between the terraces of the two seven floor blocks, opposite, across the road and had sneaked in my bed room for the sole purpose of waking me up to be a privileged witness to the magic it had created out-side: the concrete jungle, so mundane a sight during day, now bathed in the magic of the golden light was an ethereal sight; difficult to describe.

Waking up in the middle of night was worth it, the magical sight would have been lost to me had I continued to sleep.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 1, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home